Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My awesome week so far!!

Oh what a wonderful week!!!! Last Friday I started the process of becoming a Swirlgear Ambassador and later Monday afternoon, I found out that I was now part of this amazing team of women that get to rock out some of the best looking running apparel that I've seen in a long time. The concept of Swirlgear started in 2006 when their founder, Lacie Whyte,  was running Grandma's Marathon. She was having a hard race and started looking around at the women's running apparel and decided that there had to be something better out there, better option for running apparel. Swirlgear was born at that moment. She uses moisture-wicking fabric, flattering cuts and spray-dyed colors that inspired its name. In 2012, Whyte decided to take on a partner  to expand the brand and bring it to where it currently is now. A new line is coming out this fall and I personally love the items that are offered. Check them out at Swirlgear.  If you see something you like, like I did, enter code 915 at checkout for free shipping.


The next FABULOUS piece of news that I got was from Girls Gone Sporty. I was accepted into their Ambassador program Tuesday.  Here's a little about the group that I am so happily a part of now!!


Girls Gone Sporty, LLC

Helping you “Live the Sporty Life!”
The “sporty life” is more than just fitness and nutrition, it’s an attitude that’s focused on embracing fun and adventure. The sporty woman says, “I can do anything I put my mind to, I just need the resources to do it.” That’s where Girls Gone Sporty comes in.
Girls Gone Sporty is dedicated to sharing the top products, trends and ideas for advancing the fit and adventurous lifestyle. We know that sporty women work hard, play hard, compete and eat, all with the intention of being their best, most positive selves. Our commitment is to provide positive, informative and encouraging content that’s based on science and experience.
We know that healthy living is contagious and that healthy living is about more than weight loss. We encourage women everywhere to embrace whole health and an attitude of adventure – body, mind, spirit and lifestyle – right where they are now. As such, we’re committed to creating a community of encouragement through social media and our own forum.
Check them out at Girls Gone Sporty.  I look forward to meeting all the amazing women in the group!!! 
**** The most absolute fabulous part of my week is from my family. I got a call from my mom this past week that she ran for 35 minutes straight on her treadmill.  She was so happy and excited that she could DO IT!! I've been trying to get her to run a 5K with me for years now and I think she has gotten the bug.  She has run two more times since our initial conversation and loves it. She ran outside and was a little disappointed that it was more difficult the treadmill.  A friend of mine and I are running the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon in October and they have a 5K option the day before the half. I told my mother I would run it with her, probably ruining my chances of PRing the half but I would rather encourage my 50-something mother to run and get healthy than PR a race!!
Training this week has been far from extraordinary  I've been mentally and physically preparing myself for the monster training plan I am going to use for the Myrtle Beach Mini. I have been running ow mileage (staying right around 18/mpw) and doing Insanity in the evening with my hubby, hoping the cross training will help with the IT band issues I had after my marathon.  
Anyone doing or done the Insanity program? What are my chances of PRing (sub 1:50)my half after running a 5K the day before?  Let me know how I'm doing, I love feedback, good and bad!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to your mom...that's wonderful!

    And congrats to you for all of the awesome stuff going on!

    ReplyDelete