Thursday, July 11, 2013

Island Boost Review. What's your go to fuel?

Recently I was sent a few samples of Island Boost to try during my runs.  It promises to be easier on the stomach, require no water and provide immediate energy. I was skeptical and do not like to change my fuels due to my ever so finicky stomach and my analness for completion of runs and checking them off my list.  I tried my first one on a 4 mile run, the Blueberry Pomegranate.  It went down smooth, no water necessary and I took it right before I went out the door.  Tasted good, not thick like my normal fuel and out I went.  I got in a pretty quick 4 with no stomach issues and felt good.  The real test was my long run where my stomach ALWAYS tends to give me trouble. I took the second one, Passion Fruit, about 2 miles into my 7.  Went down good, tasted good and gave me a little pick me up that I needed in the heat and humidity at 5AM.  
They passed the test, tasted good and did not affect my stomach.  I only took one at a time and am not sure what they would do to my stomach if I took more than one but I am very happy with this fuel.  
Here's some product info:

Island Boost - Make Personal Best Happen
IslandboostAre you ready for fast? We mean, really fast. Not the kind of fueling that you have to have a bottle of water at the ready and remembering to take your fuel 15-20 minutes before you’ll need it. No. You take Island Boost the moment you know you need energy NOW to maintain performance levels and ward off muscle aches.  Or, you can take it regularly every 40-45 minutes to maintain your energy.
The energy in Island Boost is absorbed into the blood stream at more than double the rate the body can produce by breaking down stored energy or by digesting food on the go. Island Boost rapidly delivers the energy you need to perform and keep going strong while preventing the body from breaking down muscle mass.
Features & Benefits:
  • Faster fuel formulated with glucose, the fastest energy source that is absorbed into the bloodstream quicker to fuel muscles
  • No need to drink a bottle of water to dissolve the carbohydrates, they’re readily absorbed via the coconut water
  • No artificial sweeteners, flavors and shelf stable for a year
  • Delicious frozen for those runs on hot days
  • Vegan and gluten free
Island Boos Multipack
They can be found on the web at Island BoostIsland Boost Facebook Page, or twitter @IslandBoost.  Check them out!!!  

Have you ever tried Island Boost?  What's your go-to fuel?

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review. RunnerBox customers receive a 10% discount from IslandBoost.com when they enter RUNBOX10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of this one. I'd love to try it out! I'm so new into running that I have no idea about all of these fuels. Excited to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty good!! I didn't mind the taste and it did the trick!!

      Delete