Thursday, July 18, 2013

Charlottesville Women's 4 Miler Fundraising



I just wanted to put it out there that I am running the Women's 4-miler in Charlottesville on August 31st.  I am looking for donations to this awesome center that supports women in the Central VA region.  Here's a little on what the donations go to:

How can you support the UVa Cancer Center 
Breast Care Program? 

$400 Will provide screening assessments including: a 
screening mammogram, pap smear, clinical breast exam 
and colorectal screening for one patient. 

$220 Will cover the cost of one mammogram for a woman who 
can’t afford it. 

$125 Will allow 10 women undergoing mastectomy, the 
opportunity to receive a special Belisse bra to reduce 
swelling in the breast area and chest wall. 

$50 Will provide a newly diagnosed patient with a care 
package complete with Dr. Susan Love’s Breast Book, a 
blank writing journal, herbal tea and a few extra other 
“feel good” items to help the patient throughout her 
journey. 

$25 Will provide a Patient Navigation Notebook to a newly 
diagnosed patient. The notebooks contain information 
on breast cancer treatment options including surgery, 
chemotherapy and radiation. The notebooks also provide 
information on coping, resources and clinical trials 
available at UVa. 

$10 Will support education efforts to teenage girls about the 
importance of breast health, including breast self exams. 

$5 Will provide a woman with an assessment tool to 
determine if she is at risk for developing breast cancer.

If you would like to sponsor me, go to Make a Donation.  Don't forget to enter my name in the Runner's Last name Section (Hughes, Carrie).  
I thank everyone in advance for your donation!!  

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried Pro Compression, but I would love to give them a try after my long runs! I'd pick the hot pink ones for sure.

    ReplyDelete