Friday, April 5, 2013

Oh no, not again!

Well this week I think I may have done it again!! I decided to run after a long weekend with the family Sunday night.  I then thought it would be a great idea to run Monday and then again on Tuesday.  I took Wednesday off and then did my long (7 miles) on Thursday and now have THAT feeling in my knee.  I'm not sure if I'm just really super sensitive to any type of off feeling in my knee but I am concerned the IT pain is returning, and it would after I just paid for four more races. 
I just signed up for a 5K in the end of the month to support ASK, a childhood cancer support network in the RVA area, the Happy 5K (virtual race I have to get done before April 15th), the MRTT virtual race (Summer) and the Richmond Half in November (way off I know but always concerning). 
After my run yesterday morning I iced and then I rolled last evening. I have been trying to do the 100 squats a day challenge too and have a feeling I have fatigued my glutes and they aren't able to do their job while I am running so I think I'm going to back off the challenge, 3-4 times a week and give my knee Friday and Saturday off to see if the rest helps. 
I've NEVER had any type of injury with my running so this is all new to me and I certainly don't want to end up back in PT or worse having to rest for a prolonged period of time, I was not a nice person when that happened.  Anyone with IT band recovery experience. I know it will take time to get all the way better but this is ridiculous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment