Monday, March 3, 2014

March Goals

Running so far behind.... It's already the 3rd of March and I haven't gotten around the posting my March goals.  I didn't do this for February and I feel like my month was not as GREAT as January was. February mileage was only 90, putting me behind for the 2014KM in 2014.  I've got a few to make up and hopefully March's weather will cooperate, so far..... NOT SO GOOD (on the weather front).

March Goals:
1. Run 100+ miles this month
2. Roll at least 3 x week
3. IT band exercises at least 3 x week
4. Plank 5 x week (get up to 9 minutes a day)
5. DRINK MORE WATER

All very doable goals I just need to stick to it especially in those 3rd and 4th weeks of the month.  Gung Ho the first two and then a slacker the last two.  

I've got one race scheduled so far this month, the Martha Jefferson 8K.  I ran this one last year and it was a great course but looking at the course map for this year, it's a very different beast.  Running in Charlottesville is NOT my favorite but it sure beats a super flat course that can destroy my quads in 8 miles.  
Anyone else prefer hilly courses over flat ones?  Any suggestions for keeping me accountable without posting stuff all over my house so my friends can think I am TOTALLY obsessed with running and fitness?

2 comments:

  1. amen to the IT band exercises!! I've been so diligent with all my PT the last few months and swear I'll keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go in spurts. It's been over a year now since I was in PT and every now and again I slack and my IT band reminds me! Good Luck Amanda!

    ReplyDelete